- Cook your foods without salt.
- Do not place shakers on the table.
- You can enrich your meals with potassium rich parsley, mint, thyme, dill, fresh lemon juice and onions.
- You can eat your yoghurt with garlics alongside your main courses.
- You should use olive oils and other vegetable oils for your meals and salads.
- You should not use butter, tallow oil and tail fat which are rich in saturated fatty acids.
- You can enrich your salads with peppergrass, garden rocket, green onions, parsley and other green vegetables.
- In consultation with your doctor, you can use omega-3 fatty acid supplements.
- In order to protect yourselves from hypertensions, you should not consume more than 4 to 6 grams of salt.
Today we present you a recipe with which the people with hypertension can balance their blood pressures: Click here to watch our Whole Wheat Penne with Peppergrass recipe.
Our recipe for Whole Wheat Penne with Peppergrass recipe is for 4 people. Preparation duration is 5 minutes and cooking duration is 15 minutes. It has a durability rating of 3 stars.
Benefits of the Ingredients included in Whole Wheat Penne with Peppergrass recipe.
Peppergrass which is an important element of our recipe is quite rich in Vitamins A, C and K, potassium and magnesium.
- With its rich Vitamin C contents, peppergrass increases collagen synthesis. Therefore; improves joint health, makes our skin appear younger and expedite wound healings, our tissues are also repaired.
- With its beta carotene rich contents, it improves eye health, protects against the damage created by stress-caused inflammation, decreases cancer and arthritis risks.
- With its structure rich in kaempferol, it provides protection against coronavirus.
- Peppergrass which is rich in potassium and magnesium, ensures oedema removal and balances blood pressure.
Another ingredient of our recipe, onion, provides protection against infections caused by fungi and bacteria, clots, high cholesterole, reactions caused by stress induced inflammation.
- Onion, with its Vitamin C contents, increases collagen synthesis, strengthens immune system and protects again gum bleeding.
- Onion strengthens our microbiota with its fructans.
- Thanks to its structure rich in quercetin, it provides a shield against coronavirus and helps us balance our cholesterole.
Whole wheat penne which is one of the ingredients of our recipe, with its structure rich in pulps, protects bowel and cardiac health.
- Whole wheat penne has low glycemic index. Food with low glycemic index provides strong protection decreasing the risk of diabetes and helps us control our appetites. In order to fully benefit from these effects, you need to allow the pasta to absorb its water and consume it warm.
- Whole wheat pennes structure rich in Vitamin B1 enhances neural system.
- Since whole weat penne ensures the feeling of fullness for an extended amount of time, it helps us control our appetites.
- Whole wheat penne is a magnificent prebiotic and supports and strengthens the good bacteria living inside our bodies.
Let's take a look at the nutritional values of our Whole Wheat Penne with Peppergrass recipe:
|Energy and Nutrients||Quantity|
|Vitamin A||357,4 µg|
|Vitamin D||0,9 µg|
|Vitamin E||2,15 mg|
|Vitamin K||0,37 µg|
|B1 Vitamini||0,5 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0,27 mg|
|Vitamin B5||0,9 mg|
|Vitamin B6||0,3 mg|
|Folic acid||159,3 µg|
|Vitamin B12||0,5 µg|
|Vitamin C||15,2 mg|
When you eat our Whole Wheat Penne with Peppergrass recipe, you meet:
- 32% of your carbohydrate requirements,
- 13% of your protein requirements,
- 55% of your protein requirements for the day.
Our recipe is quite nutritious for people with hypertension. If you have hypertension and are having trouble controlling your blood pressure, do not add water while preparing our recipe, use saltless cheese.
Dr. Tuba Gunebak
Nutrition and Dietetics Specialist